Welcome to Candle Care 101!
The first burn is most important.
Upon lighting for the first time, make sure to burn long enough for the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the container. The wicks I use will allow a full melt pool within 90 minutes or less. If the candle is not allowed to melt to the edge, especially on first burn, a memory ring can form and make the candle tunnel for all future burns. This will drastically decrease your burn time and your fragrance throw for the life of your candle.
HOW TO LOVE YOUR A TO Z CANDLES
* FIND YOUR FAVORITE. There are over 100 choices.
* TRIM THE WICK. Keep your wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times.
* LET THE WAX POOL. Each time you burn your candle, allow the entire top layer to become a fragrant pool of liquid wax and you'll get the biggest, boldest scent possible.
* BURN IT SAFELY. Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, keep it out of drafts and NEVER leave it unattended while lit. Allow the candle to cool completely before handling. Do not burn candles for longer than 3 hours at a time.
* REPEAT STEPS 1 THROUGH 4. Keep going until you've tried them all!